At Tonic Eye Care & Vision Therapy, our priority is ensuring the safety of our patients and staff. We have implemented additional policies and procedures in order to enhance sanitization and disinfection while maintaining our quality of care. We are constantly monitoring ongoing updates and guidance provided by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care as well as the College of Optometrists of Ontario. Our COVID-19 policies include:
- We are currently accepting patients by appointment only. Walk-in patients will not be accepted. To book an appointment, please contact us by phone or e-mail.
- Patients will be screened for COVID-19 related symptoms and risk factors when booking their appointments, and again at the time of the appointments. All patients will be required to sign a COVID-19 Questionnaire when they attend their appointment.
- All patients over the age of 2 will be required to bring and wear their own face masks during their entire visit.
- All staff and doctors are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) covering their mouths, noses, and eyes when interacting with patients.
- Patient appointments will be limited to one patient, family, or group at a time with additional buffer time in between each appointment.
- Patients are asked to come to their appointments alone; if necessary, they can bring one person to accompany them.
- Plexiglass guards and barriers have been installed in the reception and dispensing areas.
- Physical distancing guidelines will be practiced.
- Hand sanitizer is available for mandatory disinfection upon your arrival.
- Appointments are also required for any dispensing and picking up of glasses or other products.
- Sanitized trays will be provided for patients to place their frame selections they wish to try on. Staff will be disinfecting all frames that come into contact with anyone.
- Additional cautionary measures will be taken for sanitization and disinfection processes.
If you have any feedback or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.