Locally and independently owned and operated by optometrist Dr. Kelly (Sung Hee) Lee, Tonic Eye Care & Vision Therapy offers comprehensive eye care, eye health exams, and vision therapy services along with a full range of fashionable eyeglasses and contact lenses. We are conveniently located in Midtown Toronto, just half a kilometre south of Yonge and Eglinton.
Dr. Kelly (Sung Hee) Lee, BSc, OD, FAAO
Dr. Kelly (Sung Hee) Lee earned her Bachelor of Science degree and Doctor of Optometry degree from the University of Waterloo (Dean’s Honours List). Dr. Lee was the recipient of the Good-Lite Pediatric Award for demonstrating outstanding clinical aptitude and interest in Pediatric and Special Needs Optometry. She completed her internship in Utah, where she received advanced training in the treatment and management of ocular diseases. After graduation, Dr. Lee completed additional training through a residency in Vision Therapy, Rehabilitation, and Pediatrics at the Pacific University College of Optometry in Portland, Oregon.
Dr. Lee has been providing primary care optometry and vision therapy services in the GTA since 2014. Prior to that, she taught for two years as an adjunct faculty member at the University of Waterloo School of Optometry and Vision Science.
- Member of the Canadian Association of Optometrist (CAO)
- Member of the Ontario Association of Optometrist (OAO)
- Associate Member of the College of Vision Development (COVD)
- Member of the Canadian Optometrists in Vision Therapy and Rehabilitation (COVT&R)
- Sung Hee (Kelly) Lee and Graham B. Erickson, “Management of Anisometropic Amblyopia: A Case Report and Brief Review“, Vision Development & Rehabilitation Volume 5, Issue 2 (June 2019): 100-112, https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.covd.org/resource/resmgr/vdr/vdr_5_2/VDR5-2_article_Lee_Web.pdf.
- Kelly Sung H. Lee and Richard London, “Duration of Fixation in Patients with Acquired Brain Injury: Retrospective Analysis“, Optometry & Visual Performance Volume 3, Issue 4 (August 2015): 223-226, http://www.ovpjournal.org/uploads/2/3/8/9/23898265/ovp3-4_article_lee_web.pdf.
- Sung Hee (Kelly) Lee, Weon Jun and Richard London, “Optical Management Using Monovision and Yoked Prism for Acquired Strabismus and Nystagmus Secondary to a Neurodegenerative Disease“, Neuro-Ophthalmology Volume 39, Issue 3 (July 2015): 147-151, https://doi.org/10.3109/01658107.2015.1035450.
- Kelly Lee and Lisa W.T. Christian, “Intermittent Alternating Exotropia: A Personal Journey“, Visual Performance Today Volume 1, Issue 4 (December 2013): 47-49, http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/1fb883ad#/1fb883ad/49.
Caelan has been working as a vision therapist since 2018. She works with patients of all ages to develop comfortable vision. Caelan knows each person's case is unique, and she enjoys the process of understanding and treating each individual. She loves getting to mix science and creativity to get results!
Before joining Tonic Eye Care, Caelan graduated from York University with a Bachelor of Health Studies. Through school, she volunteered at St. Michael's hospital in the Neurosurgery/ Trauma unit and the Ophthalmology Clinic.
Over the course of their treatment, Caelan has been able to take part in some amazing patient 'firsts', including discovering depth perception, reading words independently, or simply going a full day without a headache. Moments like these are what drives Caelan to become a better vision therapist!
Outside of work, Caelan can be seen drawing or talking to her bird.